May 17 is the new due date for your 1040.
Here are other deadlines that have been moved to May 17:
- Funding your 2020 IRA/Roth IRA
- Maximum contribution limit: $6000; $7000 for persons 50 or older.
- Funding your 2020 Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maximum contribution limits: single coverage - $3,550; family coverage - $7,100. These limits increase by $1,000 for persons 55 or older.
- Funding your 2020 Archer Medical Savings Accounts (Archer MSAs)
- Maximum contribution limits: based on your plan deductible.
- Funding your 2020 Coverdell education savings accounts (Coverdell ESAs)
- Maximum contribution limits: $2,000 per beneficiary.
- Funding a 529 plan - some states allow funding for a prior year through the due of the state tax return. Colorado does not allow this. Check with your resident state to determine if the deadline is extended to May 17.